Wednesday, August 1, 2007

little lilac top prep work

Since I finished the ribbed scarf #1, I decided the next thing I'd work on would be the Little Black Top from Stitch 'n Bitch: The Knitter's Handbook. If you go here and go forward through the pages, it's close to the end, opposite a cowgirl in a red bikini. Since this is an article of clothing, I'm being more careful about picking out the appropriate yarn and needles and such. I found this gorgeous MicroSpun from Lion Brand but it's not exactly the right gauge. It's also acrylic, and the pattern calls for Classic Elite Provence. So I guess I have to figure out how to adjust the pattern (and so I pull out Stitch 'N Bitch Nation). Knit Wits is this weekend, so I think I'm going to swatch it out on size 4s, 5s, and 6s, and see what the real pros at the group think.

I was nervous when I was starting the swatch with the size 4 needles - they are tiny and I'm afraid I will just snap them right into pieces.

No sales on Etsy in a while :( I put up an announcement about a sale ($10 off); my prices seem to be right in the middle of the range, so I'm not sure if I just need to promote more or what. My husband was pretty discouraging - I was looking at the free business cards over at Vistaprint, and when I asked him what he thought of a design I'd picked out, he suggested that I wait until I sell more before I do anything like that. Well, Etsy isn't that huge yet - so yeah, I might need to advertise some on my own. Most of the people I know that aren't crafty (ie, most of the people I know IRL) have never heard of it. Granted, we live in Florida, but still! People have friends and relatives that live in other (colder) states! Man. I was a little peeved over that, but whatever. I know he was just trying to be helpful.

No comments: