Tuesday, June 17, 2008

CPA Exam

Since I'm kicking into high gear these last ... (eek!) fourteen days before the next section of the exam, I'm not knitting as much. Last night, when I was doing laundry, I was studying, instead of knitting, as I usually would be. Tonight is TNKG, but I'm not sure I'm going to make it since I have to read through two chapters this evening.

I won't even get much of a break after this exam; I'll probably avoid the next study book over the holiday weekend, but by that Sunday afternoon, I have to find the book and make my plan of attack. I am nervous about the Auditing section; I don't do anything with auditing or attest services at work. Even with the Financial section, I use about half of the materials covered in that book and need to be somewhat familiar with the rest of it. Eek!

But... if I kick butt on these two sections this month and next... I'll be done. Finishing the exams and earning that license has been way out there sometime in the future, as some goal that maybe I'll get to one day... seems amazing that it could really be right around the corner. It's strange, too, to think about being done with my formal educational process. I remember feeling this way about graduate school and my master's degree. I couldn't believe it that last semester; I just knew something would go wrong and I wouldn't be allowed to graduate. But I did. And I can do this, and I will do this.

Maybe then I'll finally feel like a grown-up!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for posting this. The last paragraph especially is incredibly inspirational.

Best of luck to you in your future as a CPA (because you're right, you CAN do this!) and beyond!

Roger