Saturday, December 15, 2007

FunFur, bane of my existence

Why on EARTH did I ever make a scarf out of FunFur?? Now everyone who has seen the first one that I made is ordering them. I made one for LisaLou, and GC at work saw it and ordered one, and Mari saw GC's and wanted one, and Leslee saw Mari's and ordered one, and TLS (a partner! in the firm!) saw GC's and ordered THREE!

So, I have to be a little knitting monster this weekend. I don't feel right about starting on TLS' before I finish Leslee's, even if she doesn't actually buy it right away. I spent the evening with some of my knitting girls, and got a lot done on Leslee's. Thank god the yarn is so bulky that I can just use garter or stockinette stitch the whole way; no ribbing or other real pattern to follow. I'm just a little concerned because I don't think that Leslee realized the colorway she liked so much stripes the way that it does. It won't be a big deal if she doesn't like it; I'm sure someone else will buy it... I just don't want to disappoint my friend.

I'm just a little frustrated because I have a lot of other delicious yarns in my stash. I know Leslee isn't in a super-rush to have hers, so I cast on a My So-Called Scarf in the Rosewood colorway last night and was really looking forward to working on that. That scarf is going to be gorgeous; if we go to NYC for NYE, I am definitely keeping that scarf for myself. I can't wait to work with Homespun - I will have to swatch MSCS and see how that yarn turns out in it.

Well, I might be heading out to have a beer with my honey and a friend, so more to come later!

No comments: