Monday, January 4, 2010

new beginnings

I am zooming along on the second sock of the Diagonal Cross-Ribs. At my day job, some seating rearrangements were made, and I have two new officemates. Out of deference to them, I ate my lunch in the break room today - and after I finished eating, knit a couple of rounds on the socks. I foresee many more knitting lunch breaks over the course of Busy Season 2010.

The weather is unseasonably cold - it's been in the 30s for several nights in a row, and the forecast calls for a few more cold nights. I am glad I have warm wool socks to keep my toes toasty!

Off to do some chores; just wanted to make a quick update and add a new tag to my list!

2 comments:

island jen said...

Yay for knitted socks...I casted on my first sock over the weekend. I'm so excited to finally take on socks, esp after seeing the ones you made during the holidays.

amour said...

island jen... socks are an EXCELLENT way to try out new techniques without a huge commitment. They are easy to frog if you get an inch done and decide you loathe the pattern. You can make them as short or as tall as you want. I've learned how to magic loop with socks, and soon I hope to learn how to do two at a time!

I can't wait to see how you learn and what you produce.