Monday, July 14, 2008

Hmph.

That's how I'm feeling today. Work is a little crazy today, and I've been ready for the day to be over since about, oh, 10 AM. I have an unbelievable amount of laundry to do tonight, and I would like to hurry up and leave already to go home and start on it.

Two scarves are at home waiting to be blocked and then listed on Etsy. I sewed in the ends last week at TNKC, and since it's almost that time of week again, I feel like a slacker for not getting at least one blocked. It's not that difficult; I've been busy and have been working on everything BUT knitting.

My friend Becky, the Amazing Survivor Girl, was visiting over the weekend and told me how she really enjoyed the hat I made her with stones on it. I think I'll have to investigate that a little more; I think that others would like the hat as well, but I remember having a hard time finding beads that would thread onto yarn thick enough to make a warm hat.

While she was here, Becky and I went to the beach yesterday. The water was really cold, and we were both very surprised since it's July in Florida. We had a lot of fun splashing around and letting the waves nearly knock us over (as if we really have any choice in the matter!) - it was just what I needed before this week. I have to begin studying again for the next section of the exam, and it was wonderful to go cut loose and have a good time before becoming a hermit and studying all the time again.

No comments: